Course description: Invest in your future as a Augmented Reality filter designer with your favorite App—SnapChat! You’ll dive into the fundamentals of creating your own SnapChat filter.
Join Augmented Reality (AR) Design specialistHolliday Horton, as she steps you through the process of creating custom Augmented Reality (AR) Lenses using Lens Studio for SnapChat & Gravity Sketch in VR. Students will learn how to sculpt 3D models in virtual reality using Gravity Sketch, and then import them into Lens Studio to add effects and interactivity. Combine the power of Augmented Reality (AR) with your own creative art to learn a new skill and create awesome experiences to share with family and friends or to promote your brand.
Zero coding skills or technical skills needed! All levels are welcome.
Lens Studio is a powerful application designed for artists and developers to build augmented reality experiences without the need to code. With a huge set of built-in features including custom shaders and advanced tracking technology, the possibilities are endless.
Augmented Reality (AR) experiences such as Instagram and Snapchat face filters have grown in popularity among social media users and brands.Augmented Reality (AR) is enjoying meteoric growth globally as well with319 million users on SnapChat alone. Adapt to this fast-changing world by bringing your ideas into this futuristic medium!
This comprehensive class will give you a basic understanding of:
- What is Augmented Reality (AR) & What is the difference between AR, VR, XR and MR.
- The state of the Augmented Reality (AR) industry & the future of Augmented Reality (AR) design
- The basics of design, color theory & type style guides for your Brand.
- How to create, optimize and add 2D & 3D assets into Lens Studio
- How to Mod Templates to help you quickly ideate the design of your filter
- How to add interactivity to your Lens through Behaviors
- How to add animation using the Tween Manager
- How to add lighting, vfx, particle systems and dynamic physics
The class is appropriate for beginners as well as experienced creatives. If you do not have any design experience, downloadable creative assets are provided and other easy methods will be suggested so you can follow along. The skills learned in this class will provide you with the basics to create other Augmented Reality (AR) experiences with other Augmented Reality (AR) software such as SparkAR & Adobe Aero.
Your tuition includes:
- Customized at-camp curriculum + take-home project
- Official VR Play Lab diploma + course transcript
- Limited edition VR Play Lab t-shirt